Computational Fluid Dynamics analysis to optimize cooling in Data Centers
Since data is crucial to most organizations’ operations, it must be preserved, protected and accessible at all times. For that to happen the cooling system should work properly from the day one itself. Setting up a data center is a cumbersome and an expensive affair, so to get everything right from the very first moment is crucial.
CFD analysis helps in verifying the HVAC/cooling design even before it is installed. One can make changes beforehand to save themselves from a breakdown or renovation cost. As it is expensive to do changes after the system is in place therefore CFD analysis comes handy when it comes to design an optimized and efficient cooling system for any such application like a data center.
A typical study would include:
– Exhaustive Analysis of floor space power consumption and heat load
– Cooling distribution airflow requirements
– Establishment of a baseline CFD model
– Calibration of the CFD model based on actual airflow and temperature measurements
– Solutions to cooling problems identified by the CFD model and field survey
– Thermography to validate the design claims
Features and Benefits of Data Center Computation Fluid Dynamics
- Configurable CFD modeling service modules tailor your CFD modeling requirements to meet your business needs
- Baseline CFD Model Provides you with an understanding of airflow characteristics within your data center
- Computer Room Air Conditioner (CRAC) Failure Analysis Illustrates the effects of CRAC failure to airflow and rack inlet temperatures
- Predictive Analysis Enables proactive management of IT growth and high density deployment
- Data Center Airflow Optimization and Energy Savings Identify wasted energy due to over-cooling and opportunities to improve cold air distribution and heat rejection capabilities